Because Jubilee Suites is an intimate bed & breakfast with a gorgeous location in Fairhope, AL right on Mobile Bay, we are especially well-suited to host your small business team’s off-site corporate retreat. Our 5-star hospitality ensures first-class accommodations and food and our event staff provides your team with personal service and high attention to detail, which can greatly enhance the success of your retreat. We know you don’t have the resources of a big corporation and we’re equipped to help you all the way. We believe a successful retreat starts with great planning so we’ve developed the following guide to aid small companies in planning and executing a productive, rejuvenating retreat at Jubilee Suites for their key employees.
How far in advance should you start planning a corporate retreat?
Depending on your event’s size, the logistics’ complexity, and the availability of key participants, the ideal timing can vary considerably. But as a general guideline, we recommend you start planning a corporate retreat at least six to twelve months in advance. This allows for plenty of time time to reserve our entire bed & breakfast– all 7 suites and your meeting rooms, book travel arrangements, coordinate with suppliers, and ensure that key speakers and participants are available.
Here is a suggested timeline to help you with your planning process:
6-12 Months Before the Retreat: Get the Retreat Structure in Place
- Define objectives: Determine the purpose, goals, and desired outcomes of the retreat.
- Establish a budget: Determine the financial resources available for the event.
- Choose a date and duration: Select tentative dates for the retreat and check to make sure your participants will be available. You can also check our booking calendar to see if Jubilee Suites is free for those dates.
- Research Jubilee Suites: Once you’ve looked at our accommodations, our amenities, and our event information on corporate retreats, be sure to contact us with all your questions and to book the entire property for your event.
- Develop and distribute invitations: Send out invitations to attendees and collect RSVPs.
4-6 Months Before the Retreat: Finalize the Arrangements
- Develop a program agenda: Outline the schedule, including sessions, workshops, activities, and free time. Let us know how much time you’ll have for team-building activities and we’ll help you develop a range of ideas.
- Identify speakers and facilitators: Begin reaching out to secure their participation. Depending on your needs, we often know local people who can fill those roles also.
- Plan meals and refreshments: Determine catering needs and dietary restrictions for the event. We can help you select the right meal plans and caterers for each day of your retreat.
- Arrange transportation to and from the retreat for attendees. The closest airports are Mobile (MOB) and Pensacola (PNS). We can also supply valet service to and from the airport.
2-4 Months Before the Retreat: Finalize the Program for the Retreat
- Coordinate equipment needed: Arrange audiovisual equipment, signage, and any additional technical requirements. Again, we can provide names of preferred vendors.
- Arrange team-building activities: Organize team-building exercises or recreational activities. Since Fairhope is a waterfront town, we’ve got great ideas for some unique activities that your team won’t find at an ordinary hotel.
- Finalize the program: Confirm speakers, session topics, and other planned activities.
1 Month Before the Retreat: Prepare the Participants
- Prepare attendees: Follow up with attendees to ensure their participation and gather any necessary information such as changes in dietary restrictions, accessibility requirements, or any other special accommodations. Let our event planner know if you identify any additional special needs.
- Prepare materials: Develop handouts, presentation materials, and any other necessary documents.
2 Weeks Before the Retreat: Confirm the Details
- Conduct a final review: Go over all aspects of the retreat to ensure nothing has been overlooked.
- Confirm logistics: Reconfirm details with Jubilee Suites, any ground transportation suppliers, vendors, and speakers.
- Share final details: Send participants a detailed itinerary, including schedules, maps, and other important information.
During the Retreat: Enjoy the Success You’ve Created
- Plan an ice-breaker event for the first day: Make sure everyone feels welcome and included.
- Have a backup plan: Things happen. Anticipate and prepare for any contingencies or unexpected situations. We’re also here to help every step of the way.
- Coordinate logistics: Ensure smooth transitions between sessions and activities with your ground transportation.
- Gather feedback: Provide participants with evaluation forms to gather feedback on the retreat.
By following this timeline, you’ll have plenty of time to handle all the necessary tasks and make your corporate retreat a successful and well-organized event.
Why Hold Your Event at Jubilee Suites?
When you hold your corporate retreat with us, you enjoy full and private access to the entire property, reserved just for you. We’d like you to think of us as a partner with you and we love to surprise and delight you! Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at all. This could be your best corporate retreat of all time! Let’s get started!